Have a discover pass? get a free Subway sandwich

Ask questions and share your experiences with hiking & backpacking gear, and share trail recipes and gadget tips. Please see classifieds forum for buying/selling stuff.
jgreisel

Have a discover pass? get a free Subway sandwich

Post by jgreisel » July 14th, 2014, 2:18 pm

I just saw this video on a blog https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imY2LqI ... e=youtu.be
If you have a Washington Discover pass, apparently you can get a free Subway sandwich(if you buy a sandwich and a drink)... I know we sometimes like to stop at Subway for a trail sammie...
See more pics on my blog: http://cjsjaunts.blogspot.com/

wildcat

Re: Have a discover pass? get a free Subway sandwich

Post by wildcat » September 26th, 2021, 3:26 pm

Do they still do that? A guy I know said he tried it after reading it on another site (probably posted about as long ago as this thread started) and they reportedly just looked at him like he was some nutter trying to scam free food! (Full disclosure: it wasn't me. These days I wouldn't let Subway past my lips.)

I also noticed the Youtube page reports "video unavailable"......
Life in Chacos
nwhikers.net: thewildcat

Aimless

Post by Aimless » September 26th, 2021, 4:34 pm

Unlikely they are doing anything like that now. The post you're replying to is dated 2014.

wildcat

Post by wildcat » September 29th, 2021, 10:44 pm

I know it was from 2014. :rolleyes: That's why I asked, "do they still do that".

There's one nearby my work so I went in yesterday, in the name of a minor but highly controlled scientific social engineering experiment, asked if they still did it. The D-minus average teenybopper with the giant holes bored in his ears just stared at me blankly for a moment through the marijuana smoke his skull was probably filled with, as though he had no clue what I was asking, and thought I was talking about paying using a Discover Card credit card (which I don't have). Consider, also, margin of error: Subway franchisees around the Vancouver area tend to hire anybody who at least appears to have a pulse, so it may be possible they were still doing it but nothing was said to anybody and simply didn't know, or had been told but were too stoned to recall. (Source: I worked at one for two weeks in 2006 and left because they had exceeded my tolerance level for gross incompetence, which actually has to be fairly high. I mean, I worked at a Red Robin for eight years...)

I did find out that particular one does not accept Discover Card, by the way. But they take Visa debit.
Life in Chacos
nwhikers.net: thewildcat

mjirving

Post by mjirving » September 30th, 2021, 11:52 am

They are all privately owned I believe so I’d imagine it was a promo from one ownership group (1 store or maybe a few) that was done at one time years ago.