Developer lays claim to more than gold in Oregon wilderness

Use this forum to post links to news stories from other websites - ones that other hikers might find interesting. This is not intended for original material or anecdotal information. You can reply to any news stories posted, but do not start a new thread without a link to a specific news story.
gabrielhowe

Re: Developer lays claim to more than gold in Oregon wilderness

Post by gabrielhowe » April 7th, 2010, 3:48 pm

I would be thrilled to lead a trip into the Kalmiopsis. In fact if anyone is interested in getting their feet wet I'm doing some hikes for Oregon Wild in the region this spring/summer. I'm also leading a volunteer group to clear some trail that desperately needs attention before its totally lost. Taking a trip into the Kalmiopsis is truly taking a step back in geologic time.
Having troubles attaching files.

markesc

Re: Developer lays claim to more than gold in Oregon wilderness

Post by markesc » April 17th, 2010, 5:16 pm

While you're down there checkout the Trinity Alps in N.Cali...pretty amazing country:
DSC02549x.jpg
DSC02574x.jpg
BEST swimming hole in the entire world as the water heats up going over the granite:
DSC02626x.jpg
It simply doesn't get any better than this!!!
DSC02632x.jpg
DSC02640xII.jpg
Note: these were taken on my very first digital camera, the sony F707, you were THE man back then having 5mp! I miss that camera for its user friendliness and low weight...