New SW Washington Coast privately owned campground

Use this forum to post links to news stories from other websites - ones that other hikers might find interesting. This is not intended for original material or anecdotal information. You can reply to any news stories posted, but do not start a new thread without a link to a specific news story.
Water

New SW Washington Coast privately owned campground

Post by Water » November 29th, 2021, 12:51 pm

I prefer free and in the wilderness, but having stayed in state/county and national parks and lookout towers and FS cabins, campgrounds, etc, there's a time and a place for everyone of different interests and levels outdoors, times of year.

I would love to see more development like this but I feel like there's insurance/liability and profitability issues in a lot of cases.

https://www.kgw.com/article/life/snow-p ... 06179529dc
Liddle said the Long Beach “Campfield” will be different — inspired by Snow Peak's Japanese roots. Cars will stay outside camp and special carts will help people bring in their gear.
“You almost immediately feel like you've left the world behind and stepped into nature,” said Liddle.

Liddle gave KGW a tour of the site, describing the 75 campsites that will be used mostly for tents as well as some cabins. A doe and her fawn could be seen grazing and preening as we looked around.

Snow Peak specializes in outdoor gear, so people without camping equipment will be able to rent it on site.

To encourage a sense of community, a focal point of the campground will be a large onsen, or hot water soaking pool, along with a sauna and showers.
Feel Free to Feel Free