Bull Complex Fire

Use this forum to post links to news stories from other websites - ones that other hikers might find interesting. This is not intended for original material or anecdotal information. You can reply to any news stories posted, but do not start a new thread without a link to a specific news story.
lordgares

Re: Bull Complex Fire

Post by lordgares » September 6th, 2021, 2:29 pm

I just saw the USFS post an hour ago that the BotW lookout has been destroyed.... :(
“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”
― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

squidvicious

Post by squidvicious » September 6th, 2021, 5:19 pm

bobcat wrote:
September 6th, 2021, 8:00 am
I just checked Inciweb, and it looks like the fire has burned over the site of the Bull of the Woods Lookout
Yes.
Bull Complex News Release:
Bull of the Woods Lookout lost to fire yesterday. “We acknowledge that losing this historic Lookout is a loss that will be felt by many in the area and beyond,” said Rick Connell, Incident Commander of NR Team 4
https://twitter.com/MtHoodNF/status/143 ... 79616?s=20
news release

ed: oh hey, there was another page to this thread... Well anyway, there's the link to info

greenjello85

Post by greenjello85 » September 6th, 2021, 7:09 pm

lordgares wrote:
September 6th, 2021, 2:29 pm
I just saw the USFS post an hour ago that the BotW lookout has been destroyed.... :(
Oh no! I once stayed in there when a storm rolled in overnight. It was really starting to fall apart but I'll still miss that place. Been going there since I was in high school.