lost trekking poles

Use this forum to post links to news stories from other websites - ones that other hikers might find interesting. This is not intended for original material or anecdotal information. You can reply to any news stories posted, but do not start a new thread without a link to a specific news story.
Chip Down

lost trekking poles

Post by Chip Down » May 6th, 2021, 8:25 pm

No, I'm not confused. I didn't mistake this for lost/found. There really was a news story (KOIN 6) about lost trekking poles.
Seems silly, but hey, every minute the news industry devotes to fluff stories is a minute they're not lying to us about matters of consequence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJLR8SLWYgA

Bosterson

Re: lost trekking poles

Post by Bosterson » May 7th, 2021, 10:58 am

Chip Down wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 8:25 pm
every minute the news industry devotes to fluff stories is a minute they're not lying to us about matters of consequence.
:roll:

I was hoping the clip would be that the lost trekking poles were found with Iraq's WMDs or, like, Jimmy Hoffa or something. The only reason that "story" made it to the news is that the girl had a dog on her back. Without that photo, the trekking poles are nothing. Also... network news posts clips on Youtube? What?
#pnw #bestlife #bitingflies #favoriteyellowcap #neverdispleased

Chip Down

Re: lost trekking poles

Post by Chip Down » May 7th, 2021, 9:15 pm

Bosterson wrote:
May 7th, 2021, 10:58 am
Also... network news posts clips on Youtube? What?
Yep. The really crazy thing is weather reports. I mean the ordinary daily weather report that's broadcast on the evening news is also archived on YT (probably not always, but there are some in my recommendations). Crazy.