throngs of rogue hikers trespassing/vandalizing in waterfall corridor

Use this forum to post links to news stories from other websites - ones that other hikers might find interesting. This is not intended for original material or anecdotal information. You can reply to any news stories posted, but do not start a new thread without a link to a specific news story.
BigBear

Re: throngs of rogue hikers trespassing/vandalizing in waterfall corridor

Post by BigBear » April 11th, 2020, 5:12 pm

Chip Down got it right, my comment was directed at USFS (I thought it was obvious, I guess not).

Aimless: Your name says it all...I couldn't resist (maybe a should have resisted, then again, the irony did make me smile). :)

aiwetir

Post by aiwetir » April 12th, 2020, 7:00 pm

Aimless wrote:
April 9th, 2020, 10:14 am
There have been damage assessors and trail crews on the Eagle Creek trail as authorized users, so a heat map image is bound to show some use.
Sure but there would be the same evidence of usage on all the other trails people have been assessing or fixing and there isn’t.
- Michael

Aimless

Post by Aimless » April 12th, 2020, 7:04 pm

aiwetir wrote:
April 12th, 2020, 7:00 pm
Sure but there would be the same evidence of usage on all the other trails people have been assessing or fixing and there isn’t.
This would undoubtedly be true, if the amount of assessing and fixing has been equal across all the other trails. ;)