HB 3458: Update to FLREA?

Use this forum to post links to news stories from other websites - ones that other hikers might find interesting. This is not intended for original material or anecdotal information. You can reply to any news stories posted, but do not start a new thread without a link to a specific news story.
Water

HB 3458: Update to FLREA?

Post by Water » October 21st, 2019, 1:40 pm

Came across this in my searching. Was in committee last month. "bipartisan" bill. I don't have the time or scope to fully dive in but it looked like it clarified the use of special permits. By my first pass it specifies 'special area' (which I've seen in BLM materials to basically have a pretty expansive definition and included wildernesses), says 'area in which use is allocated' which I think would be like what they're trying to do in these wilderness areas here. So this bill would cover both angles.

No idea how many bills like this have come into existence and died over the years but I found it interesting none the less.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... 3DFC0C242D

“(1) SPECIAL RECREATION PERMIT.—The Secretary may issue a special recreation permit for specialized individual or group uses of Federal recreational lands and waters, including—

“(A) outfitting, guiding, or other recreation services;

“(B) recreation or competitive events, which may include incidental sales;

“(C) for the use of—

“(i) a special area; or

“(ii) an area in which use is allocated;

“(D) motorized recreational vehicle use; and

“(E) a group activity or event.
Feel Free to Feel Free

Limey

Re: HB 3458: Update to FLREA?

Post by Limey » October 23rd, 2019, 4:39 pm

I love it that it's called the RECREATION NOT RED TAPE act.