Wildfire near Trout Lake, WA

Use this forum to post links to news stories from other websites - ones that other hikers might find interesting. This is not intended for original material or anecdotal information. You can reply to any news stories posted, but do not start a new thread without a link to a specific news story.
justpeachy

Wildfire near Trout Lake, WA

Post by justpeachy » July 9th, 2017, 5:27 am

The Dry Creek Fire is located between BZ corners and Trout Lake. SR 141 is closed from mile markers 14 to 18. I don't see it on Inciweb, but there is more info here:

https://www.facebook.com/MtAdamsAreaEme ... 113328138/

Webfoot

Re: Wildfire near Trout Lake, WA

Post by Webfoot » July 9th, 2017, 6:30 am

I drove by that yesterday at 2pm. I guess it got a lot worse if they closed the road. :( At that time it appeared to be burning in and around a prominent clearcut (slash).

adamschneider

Post by adamschneider » July 9th, 2017, 9:39 am

Coming down from Barrett Spur after sunset, we could see the glow!

(No glow in this photo, just smoke spreading far to the east by the raging west wind.)

adamschneider

Post by adamschneider » July 9th, 2017, 2:04 pm

Here's some glow. This was the last photo I took last night, from Wy'East Basin:

Webfoot

Post by Webfoot » July 9th, 2017, 3:19 pm

adamschneider wrote:Coming down from Barrett Spur after sunset, we could see the glow!

(No glow in this photo, just smoke spreading far to the east by the raging west wind.)
I was on the ridge right below (in front of) Mt Adams earlier that day. That photo puts it in a nice perspective.