Indivisible

Use this forum to post links to news stories from other websites - ones that other hikers might find interesting. This is not intended for original material or anecdotal information. You can reply to any news stories posted, but do not start a new thread without a link to a specific news story.
Guy

Re: Indivisible

Post by Guy » February 25th, 2017, 9:33 pm

pdxgene wrote:
Guy wrote:
pdxgene wrote:Greg Walden will soon have to decide if his country is more important than his party.
I agree with this Gene, but also lets remember as a congressmen he is elected by the the constituents within his district (as it should be). The only serous competition he has received in recent elections is not from the left but from the folks on the right who thought he wasn't right enough!
I'll buy that but his first loyalty should be to the Constitution above all else.
And his supporters need to remember.... If a free press, and thus the 1st Amendment, is easy to call an enemy... so will the 2nd next time around.
Totally agree.
hiking log & photos.
Ad monte summa aut mors

drm

Re: Indivisible

Post by drm » February 26th, 2017, 9:17 am

Guy wrote:The only serous competition he has received in recent elections is not from the left but from the folks on the right who thought he wasn't right enough!
I'm not sure what this means now within the Republican Party. Are the positions or our new president to the left or right of positions Walden has historically taken, or compared to Walden's opponents within the Republican Party? Or does trying to describe it that way even make sense now? The economic nationalism of the new regime doesn't cleanly fit into the more right, less right paradigm.