amazing feat in Oregon Cascades seems too good to be true...

Use this forum to post links to news stories from other websites - ones that other hikers might find interesting. This is not intended for original material or anecdotal information. You can reply to any news stories posted, but do not start a new thread without a link to a specific news story.
Chip Down

Re: amazing feat in Oregon Cascades seems too good to be tru

Post by Chip Down » August 30th, 2016, 7:36 pm

Guys, thanks for not holding a grudge. I really am terribly embarrassed. This will haunt me like Obama's "you didn't build that" speech. I guess you all know I'd never make remarks like that in a TR here, and I shouldn't have responded to this Oregonian story the same way I'd respond to a story about Bieber or the Kardashians. :cry:

Guy

Post by Guy » August 30th, 2016, 7:57 pm

Webfoot wrote:
retired jerry wrote:No, no, we need more irrational disrespectful arguing for no reason :twisted:

maybe bring 2A into this... I know, the Northwest Forest Pass or MSHI :lol: :lol: :lol:
Here, I'll help: Munra. Drones. ATVs. Switchback cutting. Slacklining over punchbowl. Rock stacking. Hyperbole Canyon. Munra. Bags of poo. :P
And while where at it... Just when will I be allowed to ride my dirt bike up and down Murna, and don't talk to me about those namby pamby switchbacks I want to be able to cut them all........
hiking log & photos.
Ad monte summa aut mors

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » August 31st, 2016, 5:49 am

By the way, I agree NWFP and MSHI are poorly executed programs, not that there aren't good intentions on the way, but those are so tinyly insignificant compared to other insults I must endure

Of course, now that I have the senior pass for $10 lifetime, it's easy for me to dismiss the major NWFP issue

Peder

Post by Peder » August 31st, 2016, 10:10 am

Guy wrote:And while where at it... Just when will I be allowed to ride my dirt bike up and down Murna, and don't talk to me about those namby pamby switchbacks I want to be able to cut them all........
And have that AK-47 slung over your back!

My daughter and I were discussing Christof's insane mileage as we had rounded the 20 miles and 6,000' EG on our small conditioning hike yesterday. We knew that we could easily do 10 miles more, but to do over 100 miles more is obviously physically impossible. Then my daughter pointed out that we still had 110 miles to go and volunteered to take the wheel! :D
Some people are really fit at eighty; thankfully I still have many years to get into shape…

viking

Post by viking » September 1st, 2016, 9:49 pm

To anyone who says "I could do that", meaning a single push, by foot only from century drive to T-line lodge visiting the Hogs back, Red saddle, traverse on North plus 2 other summits, I say you can't. I have a $20bill to back me up.

Personally I think Christof's achievement is truly amazing! I'm more in the mind to organize some teams to fix lines/belay so the summits could all be achieved on a second attempt.

Peder

Post by Peder » September 2nd, 2016, 8:02 am

viking wrote:Personally I think Christof's achievement is truly amazing! I'm more in the mind to organize some teams to fix lines/belay so the summits could all be achieved on a second attempt.
That is a very generous thought and it would make it a slightly more "supported" push. I agree, the distances done by Christof in a single effort just blow my mind.
Some people are really fit at eighty; thankfully I still have many years to get into shape…