Missing woman's car found at Multnomah Falls

Use this forum to post links to news stories from other websites - ones that other hikers might find interesting. This is not intended for original material or anecdotal information. You can reply to any news stories posted, but do not start a new thread without a link to a specific news story.
airoff

Missing woman's car found at Multnomah Falls

Post by airoff » December 22nd, 2015, 5:50 pm

Anyone in the area on Saturday (12/19)?

I did the short loop in the afternoon (clockwise) but didn't see anyone who resembled her. I hope they search the Basin. Lots of people have been going to the ornament trail this year and posting about it on various sites.

http://www.portlandoregon.gov/police/ne ... =6861&ec=2

retired jerry

Re: Missing woman's car found at Multnomah Falls

Post by retired jerry » December 22nd, 2015, 6:23 pm

or Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday - she's been missing the whole time so could be out there

Chinese lady, what was she, maybe 30?

she didn't say she was out hiking or anything so someone could have just dumped her car there, nothing to do with hiking

airoff

Post by airoff » December 22nd, 2015, 6:29 pm

retired jerry wrote:or Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday - she's been missing the whole time so could be out there

Chinese lady, what was she, maybe 30?

she didn't say she was out hiking or anything so someone could have just dumped her car there, nothing to do with hiking
I believe Korean and 37 ;-)

You're right about her car, but her friends describe her as a hiker and have been posting information on all the Facebook local hiking related sites, so there is a chance she was on the trails. Long time to be lost in the woods though.

Lurch

Post by Lurch » December 22nd, 2015, 11:18 pm

If you were in the area and have any info that hasn't already been shared kick me a PM please

mattisnotfrench

Post by mattisnotfrench » December 24th, 2015, 1:36 pm

She's a friend of a friend. My friend who is good friends with the missing woman is understandably freaking out but doesn't know anything at all. We spent a lot of the day Monday talking about it. It's very upsetting.
Author of Extraordinary Oregon!, PDX Hiking 365, 101 Hikes in the Majestic Mount Jefferson Region, and Off the Beaten Trail. Website: www.offthebeatentrailpdx.com

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » December 24th, 2015, 2:19 pm

I heard a report on TV that someone saw her running on a nearby trail

Not that you can absolutely trust someone's report or the TV

kmcdade

Post by kmcdade » December 24th, 2015, 5:19 pm

Just heard they've called off the search, at least for now. :-(
--Kathleen. Or K-Mac. As in KMC, because that's what people have taken to calling me here. :-)

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » December 24th, 2015, 6:18 pm

TV reported she was spotted on Franklin Ridge Trail

If you go up the Larch Mountain Trail that goes along Multomah Creek about 2 miles from Multnomah Falls, Franklin Ridge Trail goes to the left. And Over to Oneonta Creek.

Just in case anyone's in that area and happens to spot anything

airoff

Post by airoff » December 26th, 2015, 1:15 am

Lurch wrote:If you were in the area and have any info that hasn't already been shared kick me a PM please
Do you know which direction the folks who say they spoke to her said she was heading on Franklin Ridge?

Guy

Post by Guy » January 26th, 2016, 7:12 pm

I heard on the news Sunday that they were out looking for signs of this poor lady again on Saturday.

I also heard for the first time that they said two people did see here & speak to her on the Franklin Ridge trail, in fact they turned her around and she ran back down the trail in front of them.

I'm sure all of these possibilities have been considered and searched but it's been on my mind so I wanted to share my thoughts that perhaps she ended up taking the connector trail to Nesika by mistake. That then could lead to places like the Nesika Fire Escape, Cougar Rock and the Elevator.
hiking log & photos.
Ad monte summa aut mors