Extraordinary Oregon Book Tour!

Use this forum to see or share information about upcoming events, hikes, speakers or trail-tending opportunities from Portland-area clubs and organizations. Posts to this forum will automatically delete after 90 days.
mattisnotfrench

Extraordinary Oregon Book Tour!

Post by mattisnotfrench » June 5th, 2023, 12:45 pm

Hey hiking friends! It's been awhile. Some of you know me, and some of you don't. I used to be a regular poster and contributor here, and eventually I fell out of the habit of posting. The past three years have been quite the trip for all of us. I used that time to write a new hiking guidebook called Extraordinary Oregon! The book highlights 125 of my favorite hikes around the state, with a focus on the obscure and famous alike, all with the aim of highlighting the most unique and extraordinary hikes from every corner of the state. You can read more about the book here.

Extraordinary Oregon Cover SMALL.jpg

The book has been out for a couple months now and I have several presentations lined up to present the book. Hopefully I'll see some of you at one of these dates:

* Saturday, June 10: Forest Grove Library, 1PM (online event). Details here.
* Wednesday, June 28: Oregon City Library, 5:30 PM. Details here.
* Thursday, July 13: Salem Public Library, 6:30 PM. Details here.
* Wednesday, August 2: Paulina Springs Books, Sisters, 6:30 PM. Details here.
* Thursday, August 3: Sunriver Library, 12PM. Details forthcoming!
* Thursday, August 3: Downtown Bend Library, 5PM. Details forthcoming!

I've been quiet for the past few years while I worked on this project but I hope to be around here more in the future. It's great to see so many of you, and hopefully our paths will cross in the future. Happy trails!
Author of Extraordinary Oregon!, PDX Hiking 365, 101 Hikes in the Majestic Mount Jefferson Region, and Off the Beaten Trail. Website: www.offthebeatentrailpdx.com

Limey

Re: Extraordinary Oregon Book Tour!

Post by Limey » June 5th, 2023, 7:09 pm

Great to hear from you again and with another book. I'm sure it is as good as the last one.
Hope to see some TRs now that you're not in the midst of writing.

mattisnotfrench

Post by mattisnotfrench » June 6th, 2023, 8:04 am

Thank you! I need to get back into the habit of writing trip reports. I've been to a lot of fun places since I finished my book, though many of these places fall into the category of places I'm not sure I want to write about. But I'll try to get a trip report up here soon. Here's a fairly recent photo from Cascade Head, for example.
Cascade Head 036 web.JPG
Author of Extraordinary Oregon!, PDX Hiking 365, 101 Hikes in the Majestic Mount Jefferson Region, and Off the Beaten Trail. Website: www.offthebeatentrailpdx.com

mattisnotfrench

Post by mattisnotfrench » August 1st, 2023, 8:20 am

The last three presentations of the year are tomorrow in Sisters and Thursday in both Sunriver and Bend (two in one day!). Hopefully I'll meet a few of you there. I can't wait!