Wednesday, 3/20: Off the Beaten Trail at Mazamas

Use this forum to see or share information about upcoming events, hikes, speakers or trail-tending opportunities from Portland-area clubs and organizations. Posts to this forum will automatically delete after 90 days.
mattisnotfrench

Wednesday, 3/20: Off the Beaten Trail at Mazamas

Post by mattisnotfrench » March 18th, 2019, 9:14 am

It's been ages since I posted here, but I wanted to invite y'all to my event on the second edition of Off the Beaten Trail.

Link: https://mazamas.org/eveningtravelprograms/
Description: Author and Mazama hike leader, Matt Reeder, has spent the past several years researching and writing his guidebooks Off the Beaten Trail, 101 Hikes in the Majestic Mount Jefferson Region, and PDX Hiking 365. In this presentation Matt will return to his first book, Off the Beaten Trail, to detail the changes to some of his favorite obscure hikes. Fires, closures, and washouts have combined to close quite a few of the originally listed hikes, necessitating the creation of a second edition. He will detail some of the new additions, among them a former lookout site near Mt. Hood with an exceptional view, a legendary lost trail in the Gorge, a wildflower-spangled ridge near Dufur, and a spectacular series of meadows on the flanks of Mt. Adams. Plan on a fun night full of photos and talk of obscure hikes! Books will be available for purchase after the talk.

As a side note, I've been a member of this board since 2006 and I've found it difficult to say more than I can say in my books, or on my website. But I do have a lot of adventures to share, so I guess it's time for me to post some of them here instead of just uploading a photo to Instagram like I've been doing. Expect to see a little more from me here in the future.
Author of Extraordinary Oregon!, PDX Hiking 365, 101 Hikes in the Majestic Mount Jefferson Region, and Off the Beaten Trail. Website: www.offthebeatentrailpdx.com