Information to hikers on the Silver Star trail system 6/17

Use this forum to see or share information about upcoming events, hikes, speakers or trail-tending opportunities from Portland-area clubs and organizations. Posts to this forum will automatically delete after 90 days.
yelaj

Information to hikers on the Silver Star trail system 6/17

Post by yelaj » June 11th, 2017, 10:27 pm

Hello all,
I am the race director for the Summer SolstAss Trail Race which takes place on the Silver Star Trail system.
I would like to give you all a heads up that this Saturday 6/17 we will be holding this trail running event in the area. It will cover many of the trails on the USFS and DNR trails on and around Silver Star Mountain here in SW Washington. We hope to be little or no impact to recreational users of the trail. What you might see is trail markings (flagging tape and or signage) that will be placed the day prior and promptly removed following the last runners safe return to the finish. The race begins at 8am and finishes no later than 8pm. The course will be "swept" following the last runners, to check for any item that may have been accidently dropped by runners, trail damage and course marking materials. All runners are instructed to give way to all hikers and other trail users so not to impact their outdoor experience. The start and finish of this race will be at the Grouse Vista trail head, as well as 2 small aid stations at the Silver Star trailhead and Bluff Mountain trailhead.

This is a permitted race with the USFS and DNR.
This event is a non-profit event that is held to raise money for the Volcano Rescue Team, which is an all volunteer Search&Rescue team which serves SW Washington and beyond.

Cheers,
Joe

retired jerry

Re: Information to hikers on the Silver Star trail system 6/

Post by retired jerry » June 12th, 2017, 5:44 am

Thanks for the warning :)

That would be a fun place for a trail race

Once I was hiking on Silver Star and there was a SAR team, maybe you guys, looking for someone. Thanks for doing this