Meet-n-Deet Seeking Volunteers and Contributions

Use this forum to see or share information about upcoming events, hikes, speakers or trail-tending opportunities from Portland-area clubs and organizations. Posts to this forum will automatically delete after 90 days.
OneSpeed

Meet-n-Deet Seeking Volunteers and Contributions

Post by OneSpeed » November 23rd, 2015, 2:12 pm

Hello again,

I'm the organizer for this year's Meet-n-Deet, which is happening Sunday December 13 at Mekong Bistro, 8200 NE Siskiyou. More info here.

This is very much a group effort, so please consider helping out in one of these ways:

-- Working at the Sign-In Table
-- Helping with sales of calendars or raffle tickets
-- Serving as a kind of "Floating Greeter" to say howdy to new people
-- Donating something (item, service, etc.) for the raffle and/or Silent Auction
-- Coming early to help with setting up
-- Staying late to help with cleaning up

... or any other way you'd like to contribute. We're open to it all!

Please comment here, send me a PM, or email me at [email protected].

Thanks!
Paul

OneSpeed

Re: Meet-n-Deet Seeking Volunteers and Contributions

Post by OneSpeed » December 4th, 2015, 3:01 pm

Just bumping this back into the flow. We could still use some help on this, mainly people to work at a table for an hour or two, people to greet newcomers, and people to help set up and/or clean up.

Thanks! PM me if you're up for it.
Paul

mattisnotfrench

Post by mattisnotfrench » December 7th, 2015, 7:57 pm

I'll be glad to donate a copy of my book.
Author of Extraordinary Oregon!, PDX Hiking 365, 101 Hikes in the Majestic Mount Jefferson Region, and Off the Beaten Trail. Website: www.offthebeatentrailpdx.com

Jane

Post by Jane » December 8th, 2015, 10:41 am

Hi Paul and all, I will help with all of the above, mostly at front table for greeting and ticket sales, helping Tom with the calendar stuff (reminder to please bring cash or checks), accepting donated raffle items.
By the way, please don't hesitate to bring that gently used or quirky hiking related item for donation - all are greatly appreciated!:)

And nudging some of you long-timers to reach out to newcomers here, and at the gathering, to make them feel welcomed and that we're interested in their hiking stories and questions!:)

Here's some samples of previous MnD's, look forward to seeing y'all next Sunday!:)
MnD 12-2014 fun crowd.jpg
MeetnDeet 2011 pic 2 by Kloster.jpg
MnD Winter 2013 pic 4 by TK.jpg
MnD 2013 pic 6 by TK.jpg