Circling Cascade Volcanoes-Mont-bell Downtown Portland

Use this forum to see or share information about upcoming events, hikes, speakers or trail-tending opportunities from Portland-area clubs and organizations. Posts to this forum will automatically delete after 90 days.
allgood96

Circling Cascade Volcanoes-Mont-bell Downtown Portland

Post by allgood96 » June 17th, 2015, 7:35 am

Hi everyone,
I will be presenting at the Mont-bell downtown store on June 18th at 7pm. The subject I am talking about is Circling Cascade Volcanoes, which in my opinion are the ultimate loops for the weekend warrior of week long adventure in our own back yard. I will be covering the the following trails; Timberline Trail (Mt Hood), Loowit Trail (Mt St Helens), Wonderland Trail ( Mount Rainier) and the best trail of them all in my opinion Round the Mountain Trail (Mt Adams). Talks will cover everything from planning and logistics, route information, and some stories of my own hikes on these trails.

A little about me:
I am very experienced long distance hiker , Leave No Trace Master, and the current president of ALDHA-West (American Long Distance Hiking Association-West). I have hiked thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail and many shorter trails in the US. I am an Ultra-light backpacker and am an ambassador for Gossamer Gear, Mont-bell, Sawyer, Ruffwear, Toaks, Purple Rain Adventure Skirts and TurboPUP bars. I am passionate about backpacking and helping others get out in the woods to enjoy nature.

I hope to see many of you there.
"take only pictures, leave only footprints, Kill only time"