OH Button Party: 3/11 @ Hawthorne Lucky Lab

Use this forum to see or share information about upcoming events, hikes, speakers or trail-tending opportunities from Portland-area clubs and organizations. Posts to this forum will automatically delete after 90 days.
Born2BBrad

OH Button Party: 3/11 @ Hawthorne Lucky Lab

Post by Born2BBrad » March 6th, 2015, 7:50 am

I have finally made a bagful of OH buttons. I'll be at the Lucky Lab on Hawthorne on Wednesday, March 11th from 5:30-8:00 PM. This is not an official OH gathering, but an event to stop by and pick up a button. Of course you can sit and have a beer and some chips.

Here is a link to the Luck Lab website for directions:
http://luckylab.com/hawthorne-brew-pub/

Stop by and meet some of your fellow OH members!

Maybe I can give a batch to others so they can be "The keepers of the buttons" to pass out.

Hike on,

Brad
Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.
- Jean Luc Picard

Link to GPX tracks
Link to Trip Reports

sprengers4jc

Re: OH Button Party: 3/11 @ Hawthorne Lucky Lab

Post by sprengers4jc » March 6th, 2015, 7:54 am

Fun! Have a dentist appointment or we'd be there. Thanks for making the buttons. I know people really dig them :D.
'We travel not to escape life but for life to not escape us.'
-Unknown

woodswalker

Post by woodswalker » March 6th, 2015, 7:59 am

Yeah buttons!!
Woodswalker

Grannyhiker

Post by Grannyhiker » March 6th, 2015, 9:49 am

Any chance of bumper stickers?

Wednesday is not a good night for some of us--in my case, only during Lent. Plus, having stabbed myself with them quite a few times (yes, I'm clumsy!), I'm not really into buttons.

Bosterson

Post by Bosterson » March 6th, 2015, 10:25 am

Grannyhiker wrote:Any chance of bumper stickers?

Wednesday is not a good night for some of us--in my case, only during Lent. Plus, having stabbed myself with them quite a few times (yes, I'm clumsy!), I'm not really into buttons.
Ash Wednesday is the following week, not the 11th. And even if it were the 11th, I don't think going to pick up a button (without consuming anything!) would be break your fast. And even if it would, it's unreasonable to expect other people to adjust their plans for you around holidays they may not observe.

As a recipient of a button last weekend, I would also like to thank Brad for generously making these buttons and giving them away for free. If people aren't into buttons and want a non-button format, DIY!
#pnw #bestlife #bitingflies #favoriteyellowcap #neverdispleased

Grannyhiker

Post by Grannyhiker » March 6th, 2015, 1:04 pm

Actually, Ash Wednesday was back on February 18. My church has Wednesday evening services during Lent. Most Lutherans (my denomination) don't fast. It's just a case of not being able to be in two places at the same time.

It wasn't too long ago (up until 10-15 years ago) that most schools and other organizations didn't schedule anything on Wednesday nights, because a number of denominations have regular Wednesday night services, which cut attendance for other activities scheduled then.

Bosterson

Post by Bosterson » March 6th, 2015, 2:02 pm

Oh snap, it's already March, isn't it? My head clearly is still stuck in last month. :lol:

Anyway, I'm not going to get into a discussion with you about the contemporary secularization of western society. My point was just that Brad is offering buttons at a time convenient for him - if you can't go (or don't want a button), there is no need to comment about it, other than maybe to thank him for being a nice guy and offering to give away buttons to people.

The end! :)
#pnw #bestlife #bitingflies #favoriteyellowcap #neverdispleased

Grannyhiker

Post by Grannyhiker » March 6th, 2015, 2:48 pm

So if I can't be there, I'm not allowed to say so, or explain why? I thought it only courteous to decline the invitation, rather than ignore it, and explain why. If I'm only going to get hostile responses, I won't bother from now on.

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » March 6th, 2015, 2:55 pm

ha, ha... This is becoming like backpackinglight.com :)

or, how can we fit a 2nd ammendment argument into this? :lol: