Bull Run Tix for Thursday Guided Tour Available

Use this forum to see or share information about upcoming events, hikes, speakers or trail-tending opportunities from Portland-area clubs and organizations. Posts to this forum will automatically delete after 90 days.
goingrouge

Bull Run Tix for Thursday Guided Tour Available

Post by goingrouge » August 19th, 2014, 10:14 am

Does anyone want to buy 2 tix for the guided Bull Run Tour on this Thursday? I cannot go and am in inner SE Portland for ta ticket transfer.
I can give them to you and give your names to the organizers. Send me a PM or calll me at five03-72four697four. Michael

Here is the info:
Your tour date, Thursday, 8/21/2014, is approaching, which means that it’s time to start preparing for your trip to the Bull Run Watershed and Columbia South Shore Well Field. I’ve attached a list of reminders about the tour; please read them closely and contact me with any questions.

The tour departs promptly at 8:30 AM from the Hollywood Fred Meyer parking lot at 3030 NE Weidler Street in Portland. Look for the Water Bureau bus near Entry C/Section C-5 on the west side of the store complex (near the garden center). While we’ve used this meeting location safely for many years, you park at your own risk. Neither Fred Meyer nor the City of Portland assumes liability for your vehicle.

Your tour guide, Richard Robbins, will arrive around 8:15. Please allow yourself enough time to park and get on the bus so that the group can leave promptly at 8:30 AM. You will return to the parking lot between 4:30 and 5:00 PM.

Conditions in the watershed can cause changes to our itinerary, and can (rarely) force us to cancel tours. If conditions (such as fire hazard or security alert) cause us to cancel a tour, we will let you know as soon as possible.

If you haven’t done so yet, please print and fill out the attached waiver form to bring with you on the day of your tour. (A note about the waiver: Please fill out the top part completely—it allows you to attend the tour. The bottom part is not required—if you sign the bottom, you are indicating that you do not wish to be treated with epinephrine in case of emergency.)

We have a long list of people who would like to participate in these tours. If you need to cancel your registration, please call or email to let us know (503-823-5351, [email protected]) so that we can try to offer the seat to another interested person.

Enjoy your tour!