My tick list for summer '10 -- always looking for partners

Post your plans for upcoming hikes and invite others! Look for hiking partners
Chase

Re: My tick list for summer '10 -- The Timberline is Calling

Post by Chase » August 24th, 2010, 6:49 am

Getting that itchy feeling that my soles need to be on the Timberline Trail this weekend. Maybe leave Friday afternoon, finish up either Sunday or Monday. Accuweather calls for clouds Sunday and Monday, so I'll be checking that website like a job seeker checks his voicemail hoping to hear an interview request.

Anyone up for it?

Chase

Re: My tick list for summer '10 -- always looking for partners

Post by Chase » September 6th, 2010, 9:35 pm

I updated my first post on this thread. Now have six of the ten hikes completed. Never did do the Timberline Trail this year, though.

The season is wrapping up, maybe only get one or two more done.

Thanks to all the people who have sent me messages on this thread.

sttjones

Re: My tick list for summer '10 -- always looking for partners

Post by sttjones » October 17th, 2010, 5:58 am

1. Eagle Creek - Tanner loop (~24 miles) - overnighter. Bring water shoes for that crossing of Eagle Creek 1.5 miles south of 7 1/2 Mile Camp.
I hiked this a couple of years ago and I forgot my camera. We were able to hop across Eagle Creek but I can see that you would have to wade it sometimes. I want to hike this again.

2. Gorge to Larch Mtn. (~15 miles? Just guessing the distance) either out and back or straight through with a pick up arrangements done July (don't remember the date) I hike this several years ago from Horsetail falls. Most of it is in the woods, though mostly scenic.

3. Table Mountain (~14 miles from the dam lot) Just the standard route, or...I'll be honest, I've always been tempted to take that right fork after Papoose Rocks and explore the eastern side of the mountain, but I'm not going to do this without a good partner.Done July 2. This was a great hike when I did it. Still snow on top.

4. Mt. DefianceDone July 10. This is on my list to do. What a grunt this will be.

5. Wahtum Lake via Nick Eaton Ridge and back along that valley/creek parallel to trail 406 (~25 miles) - overnighter fo' sure! Sort of did this on Sept. 5-6...didn't go all the way to Wahtum...see my TR. Hiked parts of this. I like hiking around Wahtum Lake to Chinidere mountain better. Fantastic views on a clear day.

6. PCT from T-line to Cascade Locks, either on the Eagle Creek trail over the Benson Plateau...either way since I've done both those parts multiple times (50 miles to never forget) 3-4 days. Looks like an easy hike. I would like to do that sometime.

7. Tom, Dick, and Harry. Just take a day to explore these trails since I've never been on 'em. Done July 12. I've done this one a couple of times.

8. Timberline Trail (~43 miles) Did this a few years back and want to try it again. I suppose this would have to wait until August. 3-4 days. I hiked this before the washout. It was an awesome hike. I hope a reroute is put in down Elliot Creek instead of a suspension bridge.

9. Loowit Trail around Mt. St. Helens. (27 miles). Call your mama when you get back from this one and tell her you have lived enough for her to think she had twins when she had you. This is high on my list to do. Next year in late July would be great.

10. Hike around 3 fingered Jack. I saw some nice photos of 3-fingered Jack. The rock is layered.

11. Alpine Lakes Wilderness. I'm trying for a permit in 2011.

12. Goat Rocks Loop - There is a short shuttle that allows a 50 mile hike. There was too much snow in July 2010 to hike it.

13. John Muir Trail - I did that a couple of years ago and would like to do it earlier in the year. North to South only for me!

You can see hikes, photos, and maps of hikes I've done at http://www.eyehike.com
http://www.eyehike.com

I'm available for hiking most weekends. I take my German Shepherd along when I can. Also, I stop to take pictures from time to time.
My personal email is reserjon@ msn.com ( take out the space)
Switchback Steve