Ape cave, Gorge, overnight trip July 17th/18th

Post your plans for upcoming hikes and invite others! Look for hiking partners
nyxlily

Ape cave, Gorge, overnight trip July 17th/18th

Post by nyxlily » July 8th, 2008, 1:43 pm

Hi people! Just wondering if anyone would be interested in joining me for an overnight trip at a cabin in the Trapper Creek Wilderness.

This Cabin accomandates up to 9 people and I only have 5, including me, sign up so far and I would love to fill it up to split cost. IF I can get all 9, it'd only be around $8.25 per person for the cabin. But there is also the cost of gas (shared between your carpool) and food (you bring yourself, to include: breakfast, dinner, and two lunches, plus snacks if you so wish).

My plan is to spend July 17th, Thursday, at the Gorge in the morning, hiking an easy trail to get us started. By 2pm we will check into the cabin, which is located very near Carson. We'll spend the remainder of the day exploring the surrounding trails or relax at the cabin (bringing a deck of cards or a boardgame highly encouraged!) On Thursday night, as it will be the night of the full moon, I'll most likely lead a hike to enjoy said moon, and have a little fun with night photograhpy.

We'll leave morning/late morning on Friday, the 18th, to head up north toward Mt. St. Helens to explore Ape Cave. The route at the cave is up to you, but I'll be taking the difficult one. We'll meet back at the entrance (if the group splits up here) once we're done.

We'll then spend what remains of the day exploring Mt. St. Helens.

Post here or email me if you want to join or have any questions!