looking for companion(s) for fast hikes, mountaintops

Post your plans for upcoming hikes and invite others! Look for hiking partners
finley

looking for companion(s) for fast hikes, mountaintops

Post by finley » July 26th, 2015, 11:04 am

I've been in Portland 10 years and have hiked almost every trail within 2 hours. Literally! It takes 3 hours in the car to see something new, anymore...

As a result, I hike early, light, and fast. I sometimes trail run, but always move quickly. Can we call it 'alpine-style hiking'? I'm into fitness and I like finishing in short time - a combination of the love of outdoors and exercise.

And yet, I'm a bit chicken to go out alone. I ran Hardy Ridge a few weeks back and was convinced a cougar was following me. (probably not)

My long-term goal is mountaineering: Olympics, North Cascades, Adams, and Hood. My short term goal is re-hiking trails around Portland for training, and getting out farther when possible. Scrambling is my favorite, and I don't mind walking up a snowfield with crampons.

During the summers I can go out virtually any time, Sept-June I am a weekend or afternoon hiker.

I'm pretty open, but 'serious' is probably good - able to get up and out in the morning and push yourself. No nonsense? Something like that...

anna

Re: looking for companion(s) for fast hikes, mountaintops

Post by anna » July 29th, 2015, 11:35 am

if you don't find anyone here, I suggest the "20's and 30's" off shoot of the Mazamas (formerly AYM). They do fun stuff but are also serious, so you'd probably find several like minded folks there, not to mention its a great way to get into climbing since that's your goal. Good Luck !

finley

Post by finley » August 4th, 2015, 7:11 am

Thank you!

Peder

Post by Peder » August 4th, 2015, 11:59 pm

If you slow down a bit, you are welcome to join me on hike(s) next summer. I like the more "alpine" stuff. Just send me a PM when you are free for weekday hikes in 2016.
Some people are really fit at eighty; thankfully I still have many years to get into shape…

jointhedance

Post by jointhedance » August 6th, 2015, 10:17 pm

Let's go.