The Enchantments

Post your plans for upcoming hikes and invite others! Look for hiking partners
jointhedance

The Enchantments

Post by jointhedance » May 1st, 2015, 10:11 am

proposing teaming up with companion(s) for day hike in The Enchantments. I had a blast on the through-hike last August with anne37. I am up for an out-and-back via Colchuck Lake, and Asgaard Pass before wildfires hold sway. It would take 3 days. Dates could be settled on based on 7-day weather forecast, or could be several dates in lineup as fall back in case weather goes pear-shaped.
Last edited by jointhedance on May 3rd, 2015, 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

anne37

Re: The Enchantments

Post by anne37 » May 2nd, 2015, 1:06 pm

I will keep a close eye on this in case I can tag along, but will have to drive separately as I only ever have 2 days off now and those are Thursday and Friday. I'm guessing all you guys are Sat/Sun types. Smart to do it before the fires - all my photos from last year have a yellowish tinge, lol!

jointhedance

Post by jointhedance » May 2nd, 2015, 7:07 pm

anne37 wrote:I will keep a close eye on this in case I can tag along, but will have to drive separately as I only ever have 2 days off now and those are Thursday and Friday. I'm guessing all you guys are Sat/Sun types. Smart to do it before the fires - all my photos from last year have a yellowish tinge, lol!
Anne, Thursday/Friday works for me! one of those days would be drive/hike, or hike/drive. One of those days would be that tough. It's 5+ miles into Asgaard base. Before June 15, it could be; Day 1 drive, early day, set camp at Colchuck, take the rest of the day for Upper Enchantments. Day 2, hike out from Colchuck, drive.

jointhedance

Post by jointhedance » May 3rd, 2015, 7:33 am

Rendezvous at Basecamp Brewing Monday evening.

adamschneider

Post by adamschneider » May 3rd, 2015, 7:45 am

I've been considering doing the west-to-east 1-day Enchantments traverse this summer. If you guys do this, let me know when, and maybe I can use you as my taxi service from the Snow Lake trailhead to the Stuart/Colchuck trailhead? :)

Shoofly

Post by Shoofly » May 4th, 2015, 6:43 pm

We've also been interested in doing the one-day traverse but were still working out the transportation logistics. Keep us in mind for a future shuttle or key swap. (Sorry for the thread creep...)

Rather B Hiking

Post by Rather B Hiking » May 4th, 2015, 8:15 pm

Unless one of you already has a permit, you may be out of luck for this year. Permits are required for all overnight trips between June 15 and September 15, and the lottery for this year closed on April 1. Scroll down at the link for a map of the areas where permits are required. They offer a very small number of "walk-in" permits at the Wenatchee River Ranger District.

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » May 5th, 2015, 5:48 am

Rather B Hiking wrote:Unless one of you already has a permit, you may be out of luck for this year. Permits are required for all overnight trips between June 15 and September 15,
Yeah, I think the idea many of us have had is that this year's low snow may allow an early incursion before the permit season kicks in! :)
Karl
Back on the trail, again...