Wander on Hood Aug 13-16

Post your plans for upcoming hikes and invite others! Look for hiking partners
turtle

Wander on Hood Aug 13-16

Post by turtle » August 7th, 2014, 6:31 pm

I'm planning to hike on Mt. Hood four days next week. No solid itinerary, just wander for four days, probably some easy off-trail. 10-18 miles per day, lots of pictures. I have no intention of crossing Elliot. Start early on Wednesday and end on Saturday. Any takers? Please, no lectures about being irresponsible with no route/plan etc.
Summer breezes caressed me, my legs stepped forward as though possessed of their own appetite, and the mountains kept promising. Rebecca Solnit

MarsIsCobra

Re: Wander on Hood Aug 13-16

Post by MarsIsCobra » August 12th, 2014, 10:19 pm

turtle wrote:I'm planning to hike on Mt. Hood four days next week. No solid itinerary, just wander for four days, probably some easy off-trail. 10-18 miles per day, lots of pictures. I have no intention of crossing Elliot. Start early on Wednesday and end on Saturday. Any takers? Please, no lectures about being irresponsible with no route/plan etc.
This is awesome Turtle. have a great time

turtle

Re: Wander on Hood Aug 13-16

Post by turtle » August 13th, 2014, 11:44 am

Due to weather and car repairs this got re-scheduled to Fri/Sat/Sun. I'm kind of leaning towards start from Bald Mt. to first night on Yocum Ridge, then explore the north side of Hood towards Elk Cove and Dollar lake area. Any takers? PM.
Summer breezes caressed me, my legs stepped forward as though possessed of their own appetite, and the mountains kept promising. Rebecca Solnit