gorge or snowshoe 03/12 &/or 03/13

Post your plans for upcoming hikes and invite others! Look for hiking partners
Water

gorge or snowshoe 03/12 &/or 03/13

Post by Water » March 11th, 2009, 7:23 pm

Hello,

Looks like I have tomorrow off for sure, and probably friday. Thinking I will head up the gumjuwac trail tomorrow to lookout mountain or just up to gunsite/gunflint (heard it referenced both ways) butte. snowshoe and/or traction hiking is my interest.

Friday is my girlfriend's birthday so I need to be back into town by 5'ish.. probably will do gorge hike on Friday...dog or table mnt or something not too long... probably dog.

Any interest, other things someone is interested in doing tomorrow and/or friday? I'm open to suggestions and while I enjoy solo hikes a lot, the (somewhat) safety of not being alone and chance to meet new people/its fun!

Matt
Feel Free to Feel Free

fettster

Re: gorge or snowshoe 03/12 &/or 03/13

Post by fettster » March 11th, 2009, 9:51 pm

Bummer, itching for a snowshoe this weekend, but can't make weekdays. :( You'll be getting the nice stretch of the forecast so definitely enjoy it!

sttjones

Re: gorge or snowshoe 03/12 &/or 03/13

Post by sttjones » March 12th, 2009, 8:56 pm

I expect you'll run into snow an any trail in the Gorge. I bet Table Mountain has 5 feet of snow or more on top of it. I think the snow starts at less than 2,000 feet and gets deeper from there. If you haven't been for a while, heading uphill from White River West sno-park is great on a clear day. The White River is getting character again after the flood and bulldozer cleanup from a few years ago. There is about a mile stretch where you can snowshow right along the creek with an unobstructed view of Mt. Hood.

I have to work Friday.

Steve
Switchback Steve