Formerly Injured Hikers Hike At Silver Falls August 17th

Post your plans for upcoming hikes and invite others! Look for hiking partners
MultnomahVet

Formerly Injured Hikers Hike At Silver Falls August 17th

Post by MultnomahVet » July 26th, 2013, 4:06 pm

Hey Everyone,

Well, I wish I could say that this Summer has been great for me in terms of both health an hiking goals but alas..this is not the case. After suffering through a back injury during June that put me out of commission and then a bad case of Gout in my right foot this month, my hiking powers (if I ever had any =) ) have been pummeled and now you see a simple 'straw man' before you with no muscles or endurance.

However, I have been eating better (replaced Soda with natural flavored organic 'fizzy water. no red meats, more greens and plenty of water and rest), improving the things I can an am almost back to full recovery. That said, I would like to know if there are other Hikers out there that have suffered a 'lost season' as it were and might be interested on a recovery hike on Saturday August 17th and Silver Falls. The trail of ten falls for the most part is rather mellow (although there are a few good little inclines and such) and it would be a great way for us all to get back into things, get some miles under our shoes and get that motivation going for getting back into the swing of things in an ultra positive way...having fun, enjoying nature and meeting some new friends.

Anyhow, I'm throwing this out there for anyone and everyone to join up on.

I hope everyone's Summer has been positive and look forward to and successful return to hiking and the Fall Season ahead

Regards,
Multnomahvet