kings mt

Post your plans for upcoming hikes and invite others! Look for hiking partners
Roy

kings mt

Post by Roy » January 18th, 2012, 10:56 pm

Might be trying kings mt Sun or Mon. fresh off two epidural shots in my back an a cortisone shot in right knee . I am sure i will be slow but i did saddle last week under a lot more pain might have to bring the boss along she still smokes those kind of hikes shes just a little worried about me.you would not regret hiking with her she has been around and has fun she is a talker. know a little bit more by Friday.

Weather does not phase us not any issue but we are talking slow this is rehab stuff the docs gave the green light. I am out of shape!

you have to stay in front of me i leave trail of slug slime especially going down.
The downhill of the mind is harder than the uphill of the body. - Yuichiro Miura

mayhem

Re: kings mt

Post by mayhem » January 19th, 2012, 8:07 am

I usually leave Sunday for my buddies to decide where Im going hike as they are just a little bit less social and unwilling to hike with others :)
So not sure about Sunday, but we will see.
Shoe Shine Boy Has Left The Building!

Roy

Post by Roy » January 19th, 2012, 9:15 am

mayhem wrote:I usually leave Sunday for my buddies to decide where Im going hike as they are just a little bit less social and unwilling to hike with others :)
So not sure about Sunday, but we will see.
Sunday is iffy for a job has me working Friday night and turn around am sat am to finish that might just finish me off only back to work 3 weeks getting Monday off for the job. Pain free free today been along time.
The downhill of the mind is harder than the uphill of the body. - Yuichiro Miura

Thum

Post by Thum » January 19th, 2012, 5:58 pm

alright :) this is aweome, roy. Tell me which day and i'll b there.

Eric Peterson

Post by Eric Peterson » January 19th, 2012, 10:05 pm

let me find my chains I hide from myself in my garage and I'll try to be there too!!

Roy

Post by Roy » January 20th, 2012, 5:32 am

http://www.portlandhikers.org/forum/vie ... 2&start=20
Eric Peterson wrote:let me find my chains I hide from myself in my garage and I'll try to be there too!!
thum eric would enjoy the company i think Sun works for me the boss most likely wont go if one of you go. patience will have to be the thing for you loonies. I could probably do an easier hike but this seems the next step for me to get back into shape I was slow on saddle last week but mostly. coming down and lack of sleep was more the problem.

i can drive have an all wheel drive pilot and can pick you guys up any where you wish. I come from north Vancouver near the 205- I5 interchange at the 134TH ST freeway entrance. No sense in taking three cars unless you need to be home early i have got no problem with some body running out ahead of me . This forecast shows just wet snow with almost no accumulation at 3,000 ft the road should be fine Sun and Mon same forecast.

i am guessing most of the last snow has melted already at those elevations. with this rain and high freezing levels.

.http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... tType=text

i will not set any records but my jelly belly and slime trail should be entertaining.

I know you guys are early risers as i m so i will pm some info with cell number and such.

will let you know by late Friday or Sat after noon.hope to see ya. feel pretty good though should be going.

http://www.portlandhikers.org/forum/vie ... 2&start=20

jmkeary posted the 19th sounds wet but doable to me

Dustin DuBois

Post by Dustin DuBois » January 20th, 2012, 6:29 am

I would love to go but it's probably still too wet for my shoes/pants. I suppose I could wrap my feet in plastic bags with duct tape =D. I have leather sketchers work boots and jeans, any suggestions? =D I'm absolutely dying to get out of town and onto a real trail!
Hi!

Roy

Post by Roy » January 20th, 2012, 11:54 am

HeadIdiot wrote:I would love to go but it's probably still too wet for my shoes/pants. I suppose I could wrap my feet in plastic bags with duct tape =D. I have leather sketchers work boots and jeans, any suggestions? =D I'm absolutely dying to get out of town and onto a real trail!
i have a couple pair of hiking pants and a worn out gortex parka the good thing is they all have breathable liners they will get wet but but not sop it up like cotton. I try to wear poly long johns under hiking pants i get wet but nothing really gets heavy like cotton will. I have some old down hill ski poles you could use help stop the slipping.

I don't plan on being dry if it rains just dress so I am warm and not carry not 25 extra pounds of water on my cloths.

my waist is around thirty four but the old pants are adjustable you are welcome to use any of this stuff i mostly use for yard work and raking leaves on rainy days.

defiantly don't recommend any thing you wear that does not breath.wet and sweaty is worse than being wet.

not dead set on kings mt to Ive never done elk creek. thum and ep might know a better hike down there I have done kings ,elk and the loop .

maybe they can chime in with some ideas they know the area well something new might be kind of fun any how.

the rain is kind is up to each person it never bothers me much never know sometimes its not that bad.I
do know it is raining at over 4,500 ft today sat night is supposed to be showery and cooler just do not know for sure about Sun but no big snow is predicted at at the elevations in the coast range.

Ive have herd rumors ep finishes with dry feet not gona happen with my boots.

main thing for me is a change cloths for the drive home.

Eric Peterson

Post by Eric Peterson » January 20th, 2012, 12:28 pm

Not sure I can really make it unless my wife takes 3 times the allowed amount of pain pills :D

I was trying to razz Mayhem a bit with chains comment but I think he's too mad to respond to my badgering :)

Roy

Post by Roy » January 20th, 2012, 12:35 pm

Eric Peterson wrote:Not sure I can really make it unless my wife takes 3 times the allowed amount of pain pills :D

I was trying to razz Mayhem a bit with chains comment but I think he's too mad to respond to my badgering :)
after seeing his bloody hand your most likely right looked painful :D