1st time visitor to Portland, OR

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
MES

1st time visitor to Portland, OR

Post by MES » September 3rd, 2008, 6:14 pm

Hello hikers,

My names is Margie. I am visiting Portland from Kentucky for a cut flower convention and will be staying a couple of extra days to explore. I would like to hike with a group on Friday (9/12) &/or Saturday (9/13) to see as much of the Colombia River Gorge as possible. At home in Kentucky I like to take 3 to 6 mile hikes with my dog, Sally. She is a Lab. A friend suggested that I contact this group to get suggestions on what to do and where to go.

Thanks for any help.
Margie

Jane

Re: 1st time visitor to Portland, OR

Post by Jane » September 3rd, 2008, 10:11 pm

Hello Margie, I hope your visit to Portland is super for you! A group hike I noticed that might be just right for you is this one:

HK A2 Sep 13 (Sat) Multnomah-Wahkeena Falls Loop. Jennifer Trask. Join us for this magical hike up Multnomah Falls trail and back down Wahkeena Falls trail. We will go at a steady pace, stopping in the middle for a snack. 5.4 loop miles 1,700 ft. Dr. 48, TH Pass, depart Gateway Park & Ride 8 a.m.

Contact the Mazama office 503-227-2345, or I have the leader Jennifer's phone number if you send me a private messege.

There's many other hikes that weekend also, I will try and get them posted soon. You do not have to be a member, but show up before the departure time, prepared to be on the trail for several hours (proper clothing, boots, food and water,etc) and cash to share carpooling costs. No pets allowed unless specified.