Hello there.

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
donlunan

Hello there.

Post by donlunan » July 10th, 2008, 6:28 pm

Hello all,

My wife and I are brand new to this site. We have just started hiking and for me I am in love with it. We did some hiking in Hawaii and last week we did Angels rest in the gorge. I hope this site helps us. If you have any help on how to use it we sure could use the help.

Thanks
Don & Diana Lunan :-)

Stevefromdodge

Re: Hello there.

Post by Stevefromdodge » July 11th, 2008, 5:52 am

Welcome to the site!

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » July 11th, 2008, 6:01 am

donlunan wrote:Hello all,

My wife and I are brand new to this site. We have just started hiking and for me I am in love with it. We did some hiking in Hawaii and last week we did Angels rest in the gorge. I hope this site helps us. If you have any help on how to use it we sure could use the help.

Thanks
Click on "Field Guide" above. There are descriptions of a lot of trails near Portland.

Jane

Post by Jane » July 11th, 2008, 7:54 am

Welcome Don and Diana! Enjoy perusing the site here for ideas, as well as the hiking bookshelves at REI or Powells - some favorites of many are by authors Paul Gerald, William Sullivan and Doug Lorain. Let us know if you ever have any questions about certain trails or hiking in general!

Jane

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » July 11th, 2008, 11:14 am

donlunan wrote:If you have any help on how to use it we sure could use the help.
Click on "Unread Posts" and it will show all the posts you haven't looked at yet, starting with the most recent.

Don Nelsen

Post by Don Nelsen » July 11th, 2008, 4:16 pm

donlunan wrote:Hello all,

Thanks
Hi Don and Diana,

Welcome to the site! Please don't hesitate to ask questions if you can't figure something out - the site pros are very helpful and knowledgable and the many site contributors (And I've met quite a few of them and hiked with many) are great folks with a vast accumulated knowledge of just about everything to do with our great area and hiking/trekking in general.

- Don
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller