New to the page and to Portland!

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
frosty

New to the page and to Portland!

Post by frosty » August 24th, 2008, 9:50 pm

Hi All,
My wife and I moved to the area from just outside of Boston, MA. I definitely miss the Mt. Washington of the east coast up in the NH White Mountains. But after 1 hike out here so far I am hooked on this place! (Black Butte If you were wondering)

I'm really happy that I came across this site, it's great to have some good local advise on hikes! I really like the field guide.

Cheers,
Brian

Jane

Re: New to the page and to Portland!

Post by Jane » August 24th, 2008, 10:24 pm

Welcome Brian! Wow, hooked on this state after just one hike, never heard that before ;)
Please use the volunteer-contributed Field Guide, and feel free to ask any questions or post your reports of hikes you continue to discover. Enjoy!

jeffstatt

Re: New to the page and to Portland!

Post by jeffstatt » August 25th, 2008, 9:56 am

While you may really miss the White Mountains in Autumn, you just can't be the overall diversity out here! And you can finally break free of all that nausiating Patriots talk!! (ok, I'll admit it - I'm a Bills fan :) ) Nevertheless - glad you checked in here. I'm looking forward to hearing about your upcoming adventures.