Howdy from a P-towner

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
trinitrotoluene

Howdy from a P-towner

Post by trinitrotoluene » August 14th, 2008, 8:19 am

Hello all,

My name is Thien and I live, work and play in Portland. Been using this site for a year now and felt I should be more involved than just a user. At this precise moment I am waiting for my brother-in-law to come pick me up before we head out to do a four day trip from Zigzag to Timberline Lodge with stops at Burnt Lake, Ramona Falls, Yocum Ridge and Paradise Park.

I am an avid fan of nature but I tend to have a lot going on during the summer so only do a few overnight trips a year but try to do several more day trips year round. Hopefully I'll get some useful trip feedbacks ASAP... especially to warn y'all from going to Lightning Springs at Crater Lake in mid-July... that is unless you like being ripped apart by mosquitoes.

Cheers!
Thien

Jane

Re: Howdy from a P-towner

Post by Jane » August 16th, 2008, 7:37 pm

Welcome Thien! We look forward to hearing about your adventure from Zig Zag to Timberline Lodge, especially reports of snow/creek crossings or other trail concerns, mosquitoes , as well as the nuggets and high lights of your trip : )