Hello from Iowa!

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
Arren

Hello from Iowa!

Post by Arren » August 12th, 2008, 12:02 pm

Hey fellow hikers! I just moved to the Northwest from Iowa about a 3 weeks ago. I've always loved mountains and being outdoors but Iowa, you see, lacks character of altitude. I've managed to see a few sights since I've been here, Saddle Mt., and a few trails and lakes around Mt. hood. Although I'm busy with a new job and have odd hours I'm looking forward to seeing LOTS more of Northwest. I'd love to hear some favorites of yours, and if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them. I prefer more challenging climbs but an easier always enjoyable too. Also my weekends are on Monday and Tuesday, so I've been having trouble finding a hiking partner, so if you have those same odd hours I'd love to go on a hike with you.

jeffstatt

Re: Hello from Iowa!

Post by jeffstatt » August 12th, 2008, 3:03 pm

Welcome!

I have met more people in the NW from Iowa and Minnesota! So many in fact it's making me wonder if there is some connection between the two?

Arren

Post by Arren » August 12th, 2008, 5:30 pm

Ha, it doesn't surprise me that any outdoor enthusiast would be attracted to the NW, especially if they grew up in the upper Midwest. There's not a whole lot of opportunity for hiking adventures.

anna in boots

Post by anna in boots » August 12th, 2008, 8:20 pm

As a former Iowan, welcome! I have another friend who shares your Mon-Tues weekend and we often get together to explore something on Tues. Scenic hikes, short but sweet, we savor rather than sweat bullets. PM me if interested.

anna in boots
Current trip reports at All Thoughts Work™ Outdoors
http://allthoughtsworkoutdoors.wordpress.com/

fettster

Post by fettster » August 12th, 2008, 8:35 pm

Heya, another fellow Iowan here! What a neat place the PNW is huh? I've been here a number years but still find much to explore.

I have traditional weekends so can't hook up with you, but look forward to seeing some of your trip reports. Welcome to the site.