1st timer

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
nwhiker

1st timer

Post by nwhiker » August 11th, 2008, 6:12 pm

Hello everyone,

Just starting to get into hiking and looking forward to sharing along the way. Last week went on a hike to table rock near Mollala. The hike was'nt to hard but the views are awesome with 10 Cascades volcanoes able to be seen from Rainier to south sister and everything between. The coast range can be seen to the west. There were 10 of us in all that made this hike took off around 11 am and returned to the trucks around 4:30 pm. Lot's of great photo's along the way. I'm very happy I stumbled onto this site. My next hike I was
planning to go to Eagle creek trail and going to the 7.5 mile camp spending the night and returning back the next morning. I appreciate any info for this hike that you can provide. Happy trailing nwhiker :D :D :D :D
Attachments
boysandme.jpg
Top of table rock

Waffle Stomper

Re: 1st timer

Post by Waffle Stomper » August 12th, 2008, 7:39 am

Welcome. Wishing you and your family tons of great hikes.

Waffle Stomeper
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

jeffstatt

Post by jeffstatt » August 12th, 2008, 8:00 am

Thanks for posting. I'm glad you found us! I had the good fortune of hiking Table Rock full of snow last Fall. It was quite the adventure!

BeaverDawg

Post by BeaverDawg » August 12th, 2008, 9:19 am

Welcome

Sounds like you had a great hike.
As for Eagle Creek my only suggestion is to get an early start.
It is a very nice hike and very popular as a result.

Have a wonderful time!
~D

Jane

Post by Jane » August 14th, 2008, 7:37 am

Welcome nwhiker - and to your young hikers! :) Just a reminder to not leave ANYTHING visible or of value in your vehicle at Eagle Creek TH, to not tempt car clouters.
Let us know how your outing goes!