Hi!

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
NeeCD

Hi!

Post by NeeCD » July 20th, 2008, 10:17 am

I was introduced to this site a couple of months ago, when a friend of mine decided she wanted to do some hiking and tried to find info online to make plans. This seems to be one of the most informative places and the community is just great, so once the new board was settled in, I figured I might as well join up, since I'd been spending so much time here anyway.

So about me: I've lived in Oregon for almost 30 years, and have been to a variety of places in the area (lots of car camping), but I've mostly stuck to the easier hikes in the Gorge. Up until the last year or so, I've been more of a walker than a hiker, with most of my trips to places like Latourell Falls or Beacon Rock - easy walks even when I haven't been out of the house all winter, no pack needed and I'm home by dinner (or even lunch) time. I'd really like to try some 2- or 3-day backpacking trips, though, so figured I'd better get serious and into shape. This year has been a tough time to try out some of the trails I've been wanting to do - I keep finding snow in the way, ha! - but this site has been such a great source of info that at least I'm warned ahead of time when there might be trouble.

Thanks for being here and putting so much effort into maintaining this great site.

Stevefromdodge

Re: Hi!

Post by Stevefromdodge » July 22nd, 2008, 1:32 am

Welcome to the site!

NeeCD

Re: Hi!

Post by NeeCD » August 29th, 2008, 11:21 am

Thanks for the welcome, Steve!

I didn't mean to post and hide, but August has been a very hectic month, to say the least. I'm really looking forward to joining up with some of the group hikes and participating more in the forums now that things have settled down a bit, so I should be around a bit more.

Denise