I'm new

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
Scout

I'm new

Post by Scout » July 12th, 2008, 10:23 pm

I just tonight registered with PortlandHikers.org. What a terrific web site. I'm looking forward to reading a lot of trip reports and submitting a few of my own. Help needed: I tried uploading my avatar. It didn't work - the message said the photo must be size whatever by whatever. How do I make a photo smaller so I can use it as my icon/avatar?
Sit loosely in the saddle of life.

retired jerry

Re: I'm new

Post by retired jerry » July 13th, 2008, 5:42 am

You can open your picture with Microsoft Paint, shrink it, and then save it. I think Paint comes free with the Microsoft software.

jeffstatt

Re: I'm new

Post by jeffstatt » July 14th, 2008, 7:09 am

Welcome.

i need to put a How-to together on this, don't I?! Anyways most Windows computers should have "Paint". Go to your Start menu, select "Programs" and then "Accessories" (click on the screen print below to see where)
Paint.jpg

Ok, once you're in there you can change the size of the photo using the stretch/resize option. This is a resize by percent - so unfortunately this isn't exatly what is needed, but at least you can keep shrinking the photo and retrying the upload
P7100498.jpg