Howdy!

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
Skyguide

Howdy!

Post by Skyguide » February 28th, 2024, 3:54 pm

Howdy everyone, lurked around for a bit and decided to make an account finally. I'm Oregon born and raised, mid 20's, grew up in Aloha and now live in Columbia County.

I'd say I'm of moderate experience level, have done a decent amount of trails across the U.S. during travel, checked out some of the Olympics last year during vacation for the first time.

Open to hiking with people if it seems like we'd get along :)

Some of my hiking highlights would be:
  • Hiking up to Mt. St. Helens during the summer and seeing the transition from grass to snow in the sunshine
  • Visiting abandoned coastal bunkers
  • Reaching a hilltop at Joshua Tree during one of the hottest days of the year
  • Trekking through a 100+ year old underground tunnel

My parents have been avid mountain bikers and outdoor enjoyers for most of their lives, so I ended up doing a lot of trails to waterfalls and around lakes as a kid while we were on vacation.

Hoping to get back into better shape and see more places in the coming years. Always on the lookout for things that man has left behind and nature has started to reclaim.

To wrap it up, here's a photo of me on the hike up to Monte Cristo in Washington last year. Looking forward to meeting you all!

retired jerry

Re: Howdy!

Post by retired jerry » March 4th, 2024, 9:31 am

welcome

Have you been to bunkers at Cape Dissapointment, North of Canon Beach, and north of Cape Perpetua?

Skyguide

Re: Howdy!

Post by Skyguide » March 4th, 2024, 12:18 pm

retired jerry wrote:
March 4th, 2024, 9:31 am
Have you been to bunkers at Cape Dissapointment, North of Canon Beach, and north of Cape Perpetua?
Thanks for the welcome!
Cape Dissapointment is on the docket but haven't been there yet, I have been to Fort Columbia nearby though on an incredibly rainy and windy day.

The ones I enjoyed the most have been further north