Greetings and Gratitude

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
Michael_James_7328

Greetings and Gratitude

Post by Michael_James_7328 » October 27th, 2023, 8:45 pm

Greetings:
I'm a long-time hiker and backpacker but new to OregonHikers.org. I grew up hiking and backpacking in the "High" Sierras of California and the mountains north and east of Los Angeles. I lived in Oregon from 2010-2017 and did many hikes in Oregon and SW Washington. For some reason, I'm just now joining this website / forum. Glad to be here.

Gratitude:
My work schedule allows me to take a week or more of vacation in September or October every year, and this year I wanted to do a 5-6 day backpacking trip to a place I'd never been, the Eagle Cap Wilderness in the Wallowa Mountains. The trip reports, advice, and photographs on OregonHikers.org were invaluable in my planning process. I would never have undertaken the exact trip that I did, or be so well-equipped with inside knowledge, had it not been for all the people who have posted on this site. I had a fantastic trip and I'm grateful to the folks here for sharing what they know.

retired jerry

Re: Greetings and Gratitude

Post by retired jerry » October 28th, 2023, 5:26 am

welcome

I used to hike in the mountains north and east of L.A. Do you have any favorite spots?