1st time poster, long time user

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
nwblessed

1st time poster, long time user

Post by nwblessed » August 5th, 2023, 2:27 pm

First, I'd like to thank all of you who founded this website (when?) and the ongoing work you do to keep it going and information current. So appreciated!

I'm a petite senior outdoor girl, living on the westside for 26 years, and hiking here nearly that long. Like some others, I got my start in the CA Sierras, which I thought were the most beautiful mountains...until I moved to the NW:-). Also spent a lot of vacations doing trail work, in my youth. Now I day hike and only on weekdays, but after all this time, I am amazed to still be able to find new trails I haven't done before. I began using Sullivan's 100 Hikes, 2nd edition, then an autographed copy of his 3rd edition, and then this website. I also have kept a spread sheet with notes over the years, which is a handy reference when I've had the joy of introducing others to hiking, on many ability levels.

I registered so that I can report updated information on a trail, so I'll do that now!