New To the Group and, Hiking

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
MultnomahVet

New To the Group and, Hiking

Post by MultnomahVet » July 9th, 2008, 7:16 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Jonathan. I live in the amazingly cool town of Beaverton( home of the ...????). I have lived in Oregon for three years now and love every inch of it. I moved here from California back in 2005 and, have never regretted it. I met my Wife while working at the Bombay Company furniture store, by way of a co-worker and, friend of my wifes. She was the one that actualy introduced me to the Columbia River Gorge and, Hiking. Since the first time I saw Multnomah Falls, I've been hooked. I have now hiked the Falls over 10 times and almost, every other "Tourist trail" on the Oregon side. I never get sick of the same trail or, the same scenary because,as we all know(you guys more than me ) eveything is always changing out there. Anyhow, I chose the handle "MultnomahVet" because , I have hiked it over 8 times and, each time I pick up all the trash that some people who should, know better and, don't bother, leave behind. It is and, always will be, an amazing, spiritual place. Multnomah Falls, is a gateway to everything else around, a teaser, inviting the explorer to look further, climb higher and, discover more with each journey. I look forward to getting to know you all in the next few months and, look forward to the adventures that I will read about here and also, joining with you on a few of them myself.

Multnohmahvet

" going back is easy and smart, if you have to. Going forward is to put ones self in the realm of the new and, wonderous. Each step, a new page for experience and, dreams to write upon.

"

AlexanderSupertramp

Re: New To the Group and, Hiking

Post by AlexanderSupertramp » July 9th, 2008, 8:35 pm

That was a fine, fine intro MultnomahVet. I can relate whole heartedly having lived here just over a year now. Welcome!

Adam

jeffstatt

Re: New To the Group and, Hiking

Post by jeffstatt » July 10th, 2008, 6:59 am

Welcome to the site!

Thanks for the clean up you're doing on Multnomah. I like the way you put that - Multnomah is the "gateway" - that it is! There are a dozen different adventures that start off from there.

We are so fortunate to have the Gorge so close to home - especially with the high gas prices. It's not always practical for me to head up to Mt Hood or to the coast.

Actually since you're in Beaverton, you'll probably want to get acquainted with some of the great coast hikes, like Saddle Mt, Neahkahnie Mountain, and Cape Falcon at Oswald West State Park