1st time poster

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
tjoeob

1st time poster

Post by tjoeob » July 14th, 2023, 4:05 pm

Hi all, I was raised in California (moved here in 2018) and have experience hiking in the Sierra Nevadas. I am looking forward to experiencing the Cascades and the Oregon Coast! Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. Looking mostly for day hikes at this time as my overnight gear is nonexistent at this time.

tjoeob

1st time poster part 2

Post by tjoeob » July 14th, 2023, 4:17 pm

A little more about myself. I have done may backpacking trips in the Sierras but mostly in my youth and never more than a 4 day weekend. Have accomplished a day trip to the top of Half Dome in Yosemite and a day trip to the top of Mt Whitney. I just made my first day hike in Oregon at Cascade Head, which reminded me just how out of shape I have become.

Charley

Re: 1st time poster

Post by Charley » July 17th, 2023, 7:37 pm

Welcome!

Cascade Head was one of my first hikes, here, as well! I had just moved here from Honolulu, and I assumed I'd end up doing a lot of hiking on the coast, but the Cascades have so much many more miles of trail to explore.

I'm jealous of your Sierra experience. I still haven't gotten down there.
Believe it or not, I barely ever ride a mountain bike.