Hiya!

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
idoru

Hiya!

Post by idoru » March 24th, 2023, 8:22 am

Made my first post yesterday and realized I hadn't said hi yet. Born and raised north of Seattle, never did as much hiking and exploring of the Cascades as I'd wanted to growing up, and ended up moving to Atlanta, and then California, in 2010 right as I hit my early 20's. I started making it a point to get a good hike in every time I'd visit during the summer and always pined for more.

Ended up moving to Portland a couple of years ago and finally got hiking in earnest last year - something about the options available to me in the south, and in the Bay Area, just never attracted me to hiking the way the Cascades/Olympics/PNW in general do. I've gotta thank everyone who has contributed to trail reports here because I have spent an inordinate (insane? lol) amount of time pouring over every last one I can read, really familiarizing myself with the region, particularly Mt. Hood and the Columbia Gorge (as well as dipping over to NWHikers for more northerly trip reports, since I've always been drawn to what used to be in my backyard), and I greatly value the absolute wealth of information you've put together here. I've learned that I'm really attracted to higher alpiney, glaciery areas thanks to what I've read here, as well as a lot of the off trail adventures (GoalTech's Hood high route, and a lot of Chip's reports jump to mind), though I plan on taking that part pretty slow as I build up my experience and skillset.

Anywho, see y'all around! :)

retired jerry

Re: Hiya!

Post by retired jerry » March 24th, 2023, 8:54 am

yeah - I'm really attracted to higher alpiney, glaciery areas