Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
PNWBScott

Post by PNWBScott » July 7th, 2021, 4:38 pm

Stoked to be a member here! I am a 45 year old newbie. I recently hiked Multnomah Falls with my nephew who is an active USAF member and my 19 year old son. REALITY CHECK, I am not an active military member nor a teenager anymore. I have recently decided to count/track my calorie intake, I have enlisted the luxury of my Apple Watch and Apple iPhone. Now I want to become a hiker and enjoy the PNW while creating memories with the two above young men. I hope this group will help me prep for my goal of hiking around Mt Hood in one year from now.

I am also a husband to my amazing wife of 21 years, father to my beautiful baby girl who is 22 and my son who as I stated is 19. When not being a husband or father, I am a retired football, baseball, basketball high school coach and current the Athletic Assistant at a local high school. I also enjoying fishing, catching is always an added enjoyment.

Again thank you for this opportunity and I look forward maximizing this opportunity. Until then, stay well, stay safe, and ALWAYS be the best you.

justpeachy

Re: Newbie

Post by justpeachy » July 8th, 2021, 6:32 am

Welcome! Hope you'll find lots of hiking inspiration here, and feel free to share your hiking adventures in the Trip Reports forum. :D