Mother of 3 looking for adventure. (Pun intended)

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
DawnWolf38

Mother of 3 looking for adventure. (Pun intended)

Post by DawnWolf38 » June 21st, 2021, 1:47 pm

Greetings Programs,
My name is Amber. I am a happily married mother of 3. Since the birth of my daughters I have been eager for some adventures of my own. Started gearing up for my first backpacking trip just before covid hit. Spent most of last year spinning my wheels in an increasingly frustrating situation.

Now the world is starting to get back to something resembling normal and I am more than eager to hit the trails. Ultimately my goal is a northbound thru hike on the PCT. I'm not looking at a triple crown or anything like that.

I do have some pretty serious health problems and I know the day will come when I'm confined to a wheelchair. But before that happens, I will live some amazing stories to tell my babies.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Gods all Bless,
Amber.

Aimless

Re: Mother of 3 looking for adventure. (Pun intended)

Post by Aimless » June 21st, 2021, 2:01 pm

A PCT thru-hike ought to provide loads of adventure. Even shorter sections of 150 to 200 or so miles can be very memorable and exciting trips. Hard for me to imagine how much adventure could fit into the whole 2650 miles. Good luck in your endeavor. ORHikers is a great resource for shorter sections here in the PNW, plus the training & conditioning hikes you'll be taking in the run up to your thru hike. Good luck. :)