Caleb from Tri Cities

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
CalebTC

Caleb from Tri Cities

Post by CalebTC » December 10th, 2020, 8:51 am

Howdy, I used to be a prolific summitpost user living in Bend, now a less prolific summitposter living in Kennewick WA. Still do most of my hiking in Oregon, enjoy discussing anything eastern oregon related, especially with regards to the wallowas and high desert regions. I see posts on here all the time that I would like to participate in so I signed up.

Grew up in eastern oregon, been driving and hiking that area most of my life. Sometime around 2005 summitpost introduced me to the idea of actually summiting peaks as opposed to random hiking and driving/sightseeing. Have been slowly picking away at various Oregon peakbagging lists for over a decade now. I have encyclopedic knowledge of hiking all the Tri Cities areas 7 or so hills if anyone ever has any questions, so feel free to hit me up :D

jessbee

Re: Caleb from Tri Cities

Post by jessbee » December 11th, 2020, 7:57 am

Welcome! I moved to Bend 4 years ago so I've been trying to rack up all the buttes and cinder cones and random highpoints out in eastern oregon, I probably have questions for you. Been tracking my highpoints on Peakery but I use summitpost extensively for research. Good to meet you!
Will break trail for beer.

Blog and photos

CalebTC

Re: Caleb from Tri Cities

Post by CalebTC » December 13th, 2020, 3:56 pm

I moved to peakbagger myself. I enjoyed my time in Bend, in retrospect I wish I had spent less time golfing (which I never do anymore) and more time hiking up random buttes and cones. Driving southeast out into the desert from there was always enjoyable, I really enjoyed the drive from Bend to Lakeview, then across the Denio and back through Burns, so much to explore out there.