Returning to hiking.

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
danielle126

Returning to hiking.

Post by danielle126 » July 11th, 2020, 1:57 pm

Hola!

New to this group. I have just started hiking again after a torn ankle ligament on a hike 3 years ago at Hart's Cove on the coast. Had an easy hike at Shellburg Falls in March about a week before stay home orders were put in place. We stayed home for months but this last week my best friend and I went to Table Rock, Mollala, OR.

I really wanted to explore Table Rock because many mornings when I go to work I see the outline of prominence from highway 99 in between Woodburn and Salem. I believe table rock has the outline that looks like a circus tent which I think is really fun! So that is why we went there. I wanted to start at the Old Bridge trail head but we couldn't find the trail there. So we drove to the main Table Rock trail head. Just as well as I am a quite bit out of shape from months of stay home and the occasional local bicycle ride. It felt fantastic to hike up a mountain trail again! 1500 ft elevation gain was enough for me on this day.

Found this site looking for more trails to explore. I think the next one is going to be Dome Rock - Tumble Lake. The short one. I moved here from Central Illinois 7 years ago and I am continually amazed at the beautiful landscape of the Pacific Northwest.

Best wishes to all!
Attachments
20200706_145306(0).jpg
20200706_165950.jpg
20200706_165955.jpg

Chip Down

Re: Returning to hiking.

Post by Chip Down » July 12th, 2020, 3:53 pm

Picture three shows a fun trail alignment. That just looks like a joy to stroll along.
Regarding the injury, many of us can relate. I've been through two extended recoveries [different injuries], but still going strong.