Intro

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
Patty Z

Intro

Post by Patty Z » January 25th, 2020, 9:55 am

Good morning all! My name is Patty and I'm new to this group, but not new to Oregon or hiking. I'm inching closer to retirement (been teaching kindergarten for 25 years!) and as I get closer, I am so grateful that I rediscovered the joys and soul-cleansing of hiking in this magnificent creation. God leaves me awestruck! I have hiked since I was a child (craziest feet was hiking "down and back in a day" in the Grand Canyon. Yep. My dad was nuts to bring 3 children (one chubby cousin from Chicago!), with a canteen of water, a bit of food and honey on that adventure. I think I was perhaps 8-9? But we DID IT!! We also frequented Yosemite.
I moved to Oregon in 1987. I just recently got back into hiking and kick myself for not exploring this beautiful area sooner, like when my body was younger and more fit!! But alas, I set, and exceeded my first hiking goal 2 years ago (20 "new to me trails" over 3 miles+ in a year) by getting 30+ in. Last year I set a 150 mile goal, and crushed it with 204 miles. This year I'm doing the 52 Hike Challenge.
Thank you for yet another group for inspiration, and introducing me to more new places to explore!!
Happy trails!
20200120_110453.jpg
#OptOutside

Patty Z

Re: Intro

Post by Patty Z » January 25th, 2020, 9:56 am

Ha ha! I guess some waterfalls flow horizontally... 🤣

adamschneider

Re: Intro

Post by adamschneider » January 25th, 2020, 11:58 am

Is that Pool of the Winds? Looks like the tree trunk is finally gone...