Liz from Roseburg!

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
lizo

Liz from Roseburg!

Post by lizo » November 5th, 2019, 8:42 am

Hello fellow hikers!

So glad to have found this forum. I am an avid hiker and lover of the PNW. I just moved from Seattle to Roseburg. Lots of beautiful trails and places to adventure around here! It looks like TKO operates mostly around the Portland area - are there ever events down south? I'd love to get involved if I can.

Otherwise, I'm very interested in meeting other folks who love to hike and who live in this area. Feel free to be in touch!

- Liz

Charley

Re: Liz from Roseburg!

Post by Charley » November 7th, 2019, 9:02 am

Hi Liz! Welcome!
I think there's a forum member who lives in Medford, or in Ashland? We definitely don't have the same coverage down there.
Believe it or not, I barely ever ride a mountain bike.

bobcat

Post by bobcat » November 12th, 2019, 6:29 pm

Liz,

Oregon Trails Coalition (OTC) just had its annual convention in Roseburg, but TKO hasn't done trail work that far south (yet). Let us know about great hikes out of Roseburg though!

lizo

Post by lizo » November 12th, 2019, 9:46 pm

Oh no way - bummed I missed it - maybe next time!

The North Umpqua Trail is a fabulous mini-Pacific-Crest, and tracks along the North Umpqua River in multiple 10-15 ish mile segments. We have a plethora of waterfalls - it feels like one every 5-10 miles - and of course Crater Lake is very close by. If you want to go further south, there are lots of options (e.g. Upper and Lower Table Rock outside of Medford).

I’m always looking for more trails to add to the repertoire so I would be thrilled to connect with people familiar with this area!

Liz

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » November 13th, 2019, 6:29 am

Welcome

I've been on the North Umpqua trail a little

I drive through Roseburg to the Rogue River and Trinity Alps - do a trip to each most years, excellent hikes if you want to drive a ways from Roseburg.