New to the Forum

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
Motz

New to the Forum

Post by Motz » August 23rd, 2019, 5:30 pm

First of all, a very big thank you to all the contributors who make this forum happen! It's the best for around here. This forum, and a map is usually all it takes to get me off and on the beaten path.

I have been wandering around the Portland area for 8 years now. I learnt walking and hiking in Germany. When I'm hiking by myself, I like to be out there a minimum of 6 hours.

My current to do list is something like Quartz Creek, Crofton Ridge, Devils Gardens, Cast Lake, Salmon Butte, Serene Lake, Jeff Park, Boca Cave, Rhododendron Ridge, and Saddle Mtn. I hope I can contribute some trip reports to this forum in the future. I am also planning to get into cross-country skiing this winter.

Thanks for reading, and sharing,

Florian

justpeachy

Re: New to the Forum

Post by justpeachy » August 23rd, 2019, 7:52 pm

Welcome! Salmon Butte is a hike with great views and great solitude. Not as many people make the trek up there since the hike is longer than it used to be. Jefferson Park is gorgeous and busy. Go on a weekday if you have that kind of schedule flexibility. :D