Hello Oregon Hikers Community!

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
lisabee328

Hello Oregon Hikers Community!

Post by lisabee328 » August 7th, 2019, 9:15 am

My name is Lisa. I'm new to this forum, but not at all to hiking. I grew up hiking in the Smokey Mountains with my family before I moved out west. I now live in Portland (going on my 5th year here!) and I love the accessibility to hiking/outdoors that it offers. I'm always seeking to find new places to explore in the Portland area, especially as popular hikes get evermore popular. I enjoy the solitude and peace that a low traffic hike offers :)

A little more about me:
- I'm from Ohio but moved here after living in NYC for 6 years
- Experience level: intermediate to experienced and always learning :)
- yes, I'm open to partnering with others on hikes/backpack trips. I love learning from others!
- Career highlight: my first backpacking trip was in Yosemite in 2014. I was solo and had no idea what I was getting myself into. After getting caught in a wild t-storm on the first night I was ready to throw in the towel on overnighting. But when I woke up in the morning the sun was shining and it beaconed me on. I slept under the supermoon the following night and I've never felt more free. I've been hooked since :)

I've been referencing this website since moving to the area and I want to take a second to express my GRATITUDE for all of the work and love that's gone into this site. It is obvious and much appreciated. I'm excited to contribute and share knowledge with you all as we continue to embrace our common passion, the outdoors!

Aimless

Re: Hello Oregon Hikers Community!

Post by Aimless » August 7th, 2019, 11:01 am

Hi, Lisa, and welcome. Gratitude is a very generous emotion and speaks well of you, but this website is a very communal effort and there's plenty of room for one more contributor!

boquillas

Post by boquillas » August 10th, 2019, 6:48 am

Welcome Lisa! I've found the Bull of the Woods wilderness area is a great option for relatively secluded hiking/backpacking near town

-Brett

lisabee328

Post by lisabee328 » August 13th, 2019, 6:31 pm

I'm happy to contribute anything I can, and I will, thank you for the open invitation 🙂 I'll check out Bull of the Woods Wilderness soon. I appreciate the tip! Happy trails!