Pacific Crest Trail

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
HRutter1

Pacific Crest Trail

Post by HRutter1 » July 21st, 2019, 12:43 am

Hi - we are coming over to Oregon from NZ to spend a couple of weeks on the PCT. We are aiming to start at Fishlake and walk north. Does anyone have any hints about getting to the trail from Ashland? Many thanks :-)

johnspeth

Re: Pacific Crest Trail

Post by johnspeth » July 21st, 2019, 6:21 am

HRutter1 wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 12:43 am
Hi - we are coming over to Oregon from NZ to spend a couple of weeks on the PCT. We are aiming to start at Fishlake and walk north. Does anyone have any hints about getting to the trail from Ashland? Many thanks :-)
This web site turned up easily. You might need to rent a car or bikes, beg for a ride, or hitchhike. It's too far for most taxis but not out of the question for a needy driver, I would think.

There are outdoor outfitters that offer ride service to trail heads. I don't know who they could be or their prices. When I see them advertised, they sometimes are related to whitewater rafting companies. The point is, call around and ask even if they don't advertise and you might get lucky.

squeakytree

Re: Pacific Crest Trail

Post by squeakytree » July 21st, 2019, 3:18 pm

You might try getting on the PCT Class of 2019 on Facebook and see if there are any Trail Angels in the area who could help you out.