Finally a member

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
rumbling tumbleweeds

Finally a member

Post by rumbling tumbleweeds » May 20th, 2019, 10:15 pm

Well, here we go! Been reading and gleaning tips here for years, and finally signed up. My brother is already a member, but I forget his user name... we're in the PDX metro area, in our early 60s, and are pushing hard to extend backpacking adventures into as many decades as we can manage.

Just had a memorable trip to Crater Lake a month ago: we pulled a pulk about 1.25 miles from Rim Village and snow-camped, with fantastic weather and views: had that section of the rim all to ourselves for many hours. After that, it was a midweek Badger Creek backpack last week, during which we saw absolutely no one else!

It rocks that my wife recently retired, since we can now schedule most of our trips to avoid weekends. Looking forward to many more such adventures, and also looking forward to much gloating about that advantage. (Hey, getting old should have at least a few perks, right)?

rumbling tumbleweeds

Re: Finally a member

Post by rumbling tumbleweeds » May 20th, 2019, 10:25 pm

(In case anyone wonders, I've had an flexible schedule for most of my adult life thanks to self-employment, so my wife's recent retirement is a long-overdue bonus).